Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Frosty Snowflakes

This is a picture of my friend's daughter at her first winter in the snow skiing.  She loved skiing and being the in the snow, but hated getting all bundled up and the first thing she did when she got back to the house was to take snow gear off.


I created this page using the wonderful  ULD snowflakes.


http://www.uniquelaserdesigns.com/#!christmas/cbte

I started out painting all the chipboard snowflakes from ULD in white acrylic paint, the ones that were clear or already a white plastic I left alone.  I then let the paint dry.


I then took some of the painted snowflakes and added in some mica powder in white or a blend of white, brown, and blue to create a blue to match the papers.  I used a dry paint brush to apply the powder to the snowflakes that were pressed into Ranger perfect medium to the powder would stick to the snowflake.  This gave them a nice shimmer and shine.


For some of the other snowflakes including the white plastic ones I used some sparkle medium.  I just used my finger to dab a bit of the glitter medium to the snowflakes in the various color to make then all pretty and sparkly!


 
Time to get out those snow pictures, dusty them off, and make some beautiful snowy pages!!
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock - The Robin's Nest
Pattern Paper - The Robin's Nest
Vellum - The Robin's Nest
Glitter Cardstock - The Robin's Nest
Dew Drops  - The Robin's Nest
Flowers - Recollections
Glitter & Mica Medium - Imagination Crafts
Chipboard & MDF - ULD
Paint - Plaid
Adhesive - Tombow
Medium - Ranger
Beads - Recollections
Pen - Sharpie
Trimmer - Fiskars
Enjoy!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout and use of the pretty ULD snowflakes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout! I love the colors and the way the snowflakes sprawl across the page! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete