Monday, January 26, 2015

Love is...

Today I have a wonderful layout of love to share with you. For this project, I used three different Unique Laser Designs wood décor pieces. I know this may seem like a bit much, but just stay tuned and you will see how it works out perfectly.


Below are the first two designs I used:




Heart Stencil


Now let's begin with the paper embellishments.  I use stamps to create my own ephemera.  This time I'm using a stamp and spray mist to create more of a splattered background image instead of a crisp background.


I started by spraying the stamp but my mister is a bit clogged, this is where using a paint brush helps.


Use a brayer to gain a flat press on the cardstock and to grip the ink from the stamp.


This is the final result of the background.  Continue to distress the ephemera with stamped script, paint splatters, etc.


Next, let's begin altering the Love Birds using embossing adhesive and a paint brush to get into the smaller areas of the bird branch. After applying the embossing adhesive, liberally add your choice of embossing powder then set.




Paint the birds using Tim Holtz distress paint, after the paint has dried add embossing adhesive and powder for a vintage look.


It's now time to build layers.


After using a stencil and light molding paste to create the first layer, I then used the Heart Stencil to add a layer of hearts.


I used liquid scrap dots to add height to the love birds as well as hold the letters within the birds in place.

The third design I used on this layout is Border Swirl G. I covered the flourish with gesso then distress paint.

Finally, there's the completed layout.


Hearts were randomly used from the Heart Stencil.


Up close view of the reverse stamped misted hearts.


Ingredients:
Pattern Paper - Fancy Pants Designs, Crate Paper, Handmade Ephemera
Inks - Prima Chalk Ink in Teak Wall, Ranger by Wendi Vecchi Archival ink in Watering Can, Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Mustard, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Kraft, Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Antique Linen
Various Stamps
Embossing Powder - Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo, Stampin' Emboss Scented Powder (Discontinued)
Other - Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Helmar Adhesives

3 comments:

  1. Kisha, my eyes are feasting on all the layers and media that you've used! This really came out nice. I love how you placed the film ribbon on the side with a heart peeking out. The love birds is a must have! Awesome job!
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kisha, your work makes my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I'm pressed for time right now, but I just dotted a note down to revisit this blog when I'm done flying today so that I can enjoy this more!!!

    ReplyDelete