Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bundle of Joy

Hi everyone!  Kisha here with you today to share a lovely little baby card I created.  Did you know Unique Laser Designs also carry such gorgeous baby designs?


I think these baby bibs are simply adorable! These items not only come in wood, they are also available in chipboard and cork as well. This makes creating those much needed baby items so much more versatile.

 
Now on to demonstrating how I created this shabby little baby card.


To get started on the card, first I distressed the wooden bib using acrylic ink, white embossing powder and watermark ink.  Then gather coordinating pattern paper, and other embellishments to bring your card together.


After cutting my pattern paper to size, I stitched the left and right edges which adhered the layers together to create my card base.


Using a 2 X 2" piece of pattern paper (same as by base) I created a small ephemera piece by stamping a polka dot background, embossing the bunny and finally inking the edges.


Next, begin adding your layers starting with stamping the sentiment, then adding twill ribbon and lace.
 

Continue building your layers and thread the buttons with a contrasting fiber.
 

 
To keep the eye focused on the baby bib, I used scrapdots to build dimension, then added florals and pearls
 
Products Used:
 
Crate Paper Oh Darling Paper Pad
Papertrey Ink Card Stock
Lace and Twill Ribbon
Thread and Embroidery Floss
Papertrey Ink/Archival/Watermark Inks
Acrylic Inks
Embossing Powder
Michaels brand stamps
Helmar Adhesives
 

3 comments: