Thursday, December 18, 2014

Feliz Navidad... A Custom Item !!!

Hi everyone, Martha Lucia is here with new projects to show you. A custom item I had made by Unique Laser Designs. As you remember my first language is Spanish and Feliz Navidad translates to Merry Christmas.




With these beautiful cuts I decided to create three different cards, each one using a different technique to show you how easy it is to work with these chipboard pieces. Let me show you:



Card # 1:





I wanted this card to be very clear and luminous. To make this I used cardstock in Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple and White Vellum.




The first thing that I made was cover with Raspberry Ripple Classic Ink my laser cut or chipboard piece. To cover this completely, I put it over the ink pad  and used a piece of paper to press it lightly.





Then, I created the base card using a Whisper White cardstock, a second layer in Raspberry Ripple and pasted a third layer decorated with dry embossing, using a Birds in Flight embossing folder from Darice and a Big Shot Machine.

The next piece of paper, was a tag created in Vellum. I pasted my laser cut over this piece using a few glue dots to keep the paper's transparency.


The final touches were a few Resting Birds from Memory Box that I cut in Golden Glimmer Metal Sheet from Add a Little Dazzle and a little cord of red and white Bakers Twine from The Twinery. 


I pasted the birds over the vellum with Multi Tombo Liquid Glue, but I pasted the entire tag over my card with a little pieces of stampin dimensionals, that I placed right where the birds were to keep the transparency.


Card # 2:


To create this card I used the same custom item that I show at the beginning of this post. But in this opportunity I used a different technique and product to give my card another look.


My card is completely Real Red. The second layer had a special design that I created using the Basket Wave Background Embossing Folder from Darice and a Big Shot Machine.


To give the color to my laser cut or chipboard piece I used Sparkle N Soft, a mixed flocking with a touch of glitter in Glistening Emerald color. The only thing that you need to do is apply liquid glue over the entire cardboard piece, then totally cover it with the Sparkle N Soft and press over it with your hands. Easy peasy! If you need to remove the excess you can use a brush or paper tweezers.


Finally I pasted the decorated pieces over my base card using Multi Tombo Liquid Glue and I decided to add two gold sequins to give it a party touch.

Card # 3:


Can you believe that this laser cut is in its natural stage and it looks that amazing?
This is one of the best things when you ordered custom items or you buy something from Unique Laser Designs Store. The presentation of the product is the best. You can use them just how they come so I wanted to show you this.

To make this card I only created the background and pasted my laser cut over the front part. 


To color the background I used three different colors of classic ink, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay from Stampin Up applied with a blending tool. Note that I masking the bottom part to create a scenery.


After coloring, I cut an oval using framelit. Also I cut five white pieces with the same oval using the same cardstock. After cutting all I started to paste the white ovals in the same place where the color oval was. The last piece to paste was the colored part.


Then I pasted the laser cut over the decorated piece using a Multi Tombo Liquid Glue. I stamped around some little stars and pasted rhinestones.


The final step was paste the entire decorated piece of cardstock over my card base.

As you can see the three cards are totally different. The laser cut was the same and the techniques were very simple and maybe this is the best part, with the Unique Laser Designs products you can create whatever you want and you have the possibility to create you own designs and made just for you.

Finally, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and God's Blessings for you and your families. I hope to see you next year with more creative ideas and more inspiration.



7 comments:

  1. Gracias por compatir, me gusta mucho. Saludos y bendiciones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these adorable cards! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, and love these laser designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using RentalCars you can discover the best car hire from over 49000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also did topsoil beds for our customer to plant in. fence repair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. horseshoe bay custom pool builder

    ReplyDelete