Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Snowflake Picture Frame


Hi everyone! It’s Elizabeth here to share with you my latest project as Guest Designer for Unique Laser Designs. When I first started this project, I had another Christmas card in mind, but, in the end, decided to do something different for a change....an off-the-page creation! This time I wanted to use the pretty ULD Snowflakes (the little ones) and Snowflakes B.  The large ones are chipboard and the tiny ones are MDF.
  

 I first used Adirondack’s Pearl Dabber on most of them and Silver Metallic Dabber on two of the large ones. While still wet, I sprinkled on Stampendous Shabby Blue, Shabby White and Aged Silver on the various flakes and heat embossed them. On two of the white ones I spread some Ranger’s Glossy Accents and then sprinkled on Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass from Reneabouquets.



I prepped the frame with some Gesso and chose the paper I wanted to use. This is double-sided K & Company’s EB Visions of Christmas. In the picture below, I have the side I wanted to use facing down so I could outline the frame for cutting out.


I then inked around all the edges of the frame with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad, just rubbing it on. I like how it makes it look sort of aged.


I distressed the edges of my paper all around and inked around them with the TH Faded Jeans ink pad and then used Mod Podge matte finish over the face of the frame to glue my paper down. Once it was adhered I then used Mod Podge Gloss finish and allowed it to dry before placing some cheesecloth, a berry spray and the snowflakes I decided to use on the frame. I also added a few Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps rhinestones for added bling.


Quite simple really! I hope you like it and encourage you to try making one for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment