Friday, December 5, 2014

Music Notes: Happy, Happy, Happy!

Hi everyone, it's Martha Lucia here, with something fun and easy for our parties. Today I want to share a card and a party favor using the Music Notes, one of the most adorable pieces of  Unique Laser Designs Store.



To begin the process I inked my cardboard music note with black soot distress ink.


This process is very easy and very quick and you can use any color and any kind of ink, because the cardboard is very friendly with the inks.



My card is a regular size, 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". And for the base I used Basic Black cardstock.
The second layer is a whisper white cardstock that I decided to decorate like a background, using a musical stamp set with the emboss resist technique. To align my stamps and layers I used the Get- It - Straight Laser Square.




I pasted this layer over the base of my card using a lot of stampin dimensionals. 



Then I took another piece of whisper white cardstock with the same width (4") and with a pencil I created a free curvy line on the top, that I cut with scissors. The main idea was to have a little space between both pieces to see the background and give a third color selection to the card.


I pasted the upper part with stampin dimensionals and re-sized  the bottom part to keep this equal like the second layer. Then I stamped my message and pasted to the card.



I pasted the Music Notes from Unique Laser Desings over the white part with Multi Tombo Liquid Glue and let it dry for a few seconds.


Now my card is finalized.



To make the party favor I used the Pillow Box Punch Board from We R Memories. I stamped the music notes tone to tone over the cardstock, sponged the borders with the same ink, tied a bakers twine around the pillow and pasted two more Music Notes from Unique Laser Designs.



As always, I want to show you how the Music Notes look in their original stage and you can't imagine the hundred of possibilities that you have with these beautiful pieces. They are available in cardboard, wood and cork and in two different sizes, 1" and 1-1/2". I used in my project the 1" size. 



See you soon with another Unique idea and remember if you are looking for fresh product ideas, you have to visit Unique Laser Designs Store...it's the smart choice!

{{Hugs}}



2 comments:

  1. Las técnicas empleadas me gustaron y como siempre tus trabajos impecables.
    Un abrazo
    Noe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me ha encantado el tutorial. Me gustan los diseños de madera, pero me resultaba difícil pensar cómo decorarlos. El diseño de la tarjeta, tan original, con las notas musicales, es genial. Enhorabuena.
    Maria PIlar

    ReplyDelete