Friday, December 12, 2014

My 3 Wise Men Ornament

Hi everyone, it's Martha Lucia here, with something very special to me. I want to share a gift that my friend Shilo send me with and special order. This year my mother in law wants her Christmas tree decorated with only Unique Laser Designs Ornaments, and I was very happy helping her to make these. With this order, Shilo send me this, 3 Wise Men Ornament, and I was shocked as soon I opened the package.


  


Do you want to know how I made this? Let me show you.




The first step was painting the ornament on both sides with White Acrylic Paint and letting it dry. My 3 Wise Men ornament is en MDF and you also can get this in chipboard. 




Using a small paint brush, cover the front side of your ornament, with a medium coat of Distress Crackle Pain and again let dry. It took me about 2 hours. Remember to wash you paint brush immediately if you want to use it again.



When the crackle paint is dry you will note all the crackle details over the entire image.




To give color you can use Distress Ink in different colors or only one color, as you prefer. Using the blending tool to apply the ink. 




Easy peasy, especially when you have to do 52 different styles of ornaments!!!! I really love to make this model of ornament but you can see this and other beautiful designs in Unique Laser Designs Store and the best part is that you can use different techniques in each one and use them like ornaments for the tree, for your presents, cards or special gifts.

See you next week with another idea and don't forget that you can always find great tutorials here to make your creations Unique using Laser Cuts.  

Materials:



  • White Acrylic Paint
  • Distress Crackle Paint - Tim Holtz
  • Brush Painters
  • Dristress Ink
  • Blending Tools


{{HUGS}}
Martha Lucia

3 comments: