Friday, July 11, 2014

Birthday Wishes

Hi!! Kisha here with a few cards to share with you today.  What a wonderful day to share Birthday greeting cards, being that this very post marks Unique Laser Designs 100th inspirational blog post!

Congratulations to ULD and thank you for producing so many wonderful wooden embellishment designs!


When I began gathering the items I wanted to use to create this card, I of course started with choosing my wooden embellishments.  This wooden Flourish B piece was the inspiration for the card.  I chose to go mega floral with the card to mimic the floral bloom end of the embellishment.



To embellish the wooden piece, I only added a white adhesive and glitter which gave it a glitzy look. I layered and stacked paper doilies and flowers, then added pearls and wooden hearts.  I also added spots of glitter to each of the hearts.


I decided to use the scraps from my first card to complete a similar card to have on hand.  The same technique was done on the wooden Flourish, just because I adore the effect the glitter has on this wooden piece.


My last card isn't a birthday card, it's actually a simple "Thinking of You" type card.  I used ULD's Sign Post  as a focal point for this card.  


Talk about fun to distress! I coated the sign post with gesso and allowed it to dry then added a homemade spray mist and a little kraft glimmer mist to add a bit of sparkle and a rustic look. Once this process dried, I used staz-on ink to stamp script all over the sign.


Add a few florals in various textures, seam binding and a ready made sentiment and you have a sweet card for a sweet recipient.

Products Used:


2 comments: