Thursday, July 3, 2014

What's your medium?

Hello Unique Laser Design Fans!

Today I am showing you just 20 different things you can add to your wood embellishments from ULD.  Yes only 20.. I will do another set of 20 in a few weeks.  Who knows there might even be more.

Here are just a few ideas.. I did use one product twice so if you see 21 examples.. keep in mind the Tim Holtz distress crackle paint was used twice, once with broken china and once with fired brick.

I used the stars and circles from ULD as my samples. 

Tulip fabric paint, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Distress Paint, Distress Marker, Colored Pencil,
Heidi Swapp Archival Dye, Distress crackle paint.  All of these mediums were just one coat.  All of them
covered the wood to match their true color except for the Heidi Swapp ink.  You can see that star looks more green.

 

Glossy accents, Acrylic Paint, Chalkboard paint, Distress stain,
Distress Embossing powder, Stazon ink.
Every one of these products was true to the color and look
awesome in person.  I love the glossy accents and the stamped
images on the wood. Are you getting any ideas? 

Distress crackle paint (again), Glitter, Glimmer Glaze, Color Shine,
Creative Impressions Paint, Copic Marker, Liquid Applique.
All of them look true to their color except for the copic marker, it looked more pink
but if I did more coats it may of been more purple.  I love the glitter and liquid
applique.. it looks so cool in person. 


 
After seeing 20 different things you can add to the Unique Laser Designs embellishments I hope you start to look around your craft room for more ideas.  Remember I only did one coat.. you can add more coats and get more color.  But I really liked the results. 

We all have the mediums.. now we need to just order more ULD wood embellishments.  Click to the website to stock up on our new shapes. 

Thanks for taking a look. let me know which mediums you want to see next time.  Leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment