Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sky's the Limit

Hello Everybody!

Katy here and using Unique Laser Designs is always so much fun!  I am always so excited to show you my next project.  Without any further ado here it is.  Be sure to scroll down so you can see how all of this came together! :)


This wall hanging came together from just Unique Laser Designs.  
Here's the list: 
Clouds (2)
ATCs (all 4)


This is what it looked like when I planned it out.  My clouds were already painted white from a previous project.  Yay! ;)  


To glue the ATCs I used gloss gel medium.  When this hardens it is strong (or at least from the book ends project it seems so).  Also, I could easily wipe the front of excess glue.  

Here is what it looks like glued together.



Next I painted gesso onto all of the wood pieces except the window.



So about my window...I love this window.  I love that it really looks 3-D but it is totally flat.  It has lined-details in the wood to add interest, and I don't want to paint over that.  So I put some Tim Holtz walnut stain on it.  On the left side you will see.  I didn't like it.  AT ALL.  LOL.  So to fix it I add Tim's picket fence (white) distress paint.  I put some on my craft mat and dabbed it on with my finger.  This is the right side.  The details are now more visible.  I added another couple of layers of white paint.  It's a little shabby shic.  


For the Hot Air Balloon I painted it with Tim Holtz Distress Mustard Seed (yellow) and did the outlines in Distress Spiced Marmalade.  The basket is painted with walnut stain and crushed olive (on the zigzag).  I used Perfect Pearls perfect gold and water to paint over the whole hot air balloon.  This gives it a nice golden shimmer.



To add texture to the clouds I used Martha Stewart's white texture paste and Tim Holtz's big bubble stencil on the big cloud and T.H. dot fade on the smaller cloud.  The smaller cloud came out a little bit different because I think the paste was really wet.  But I love it!  



For the main board that was created with the ATCs I have a picture as each layer was added.  So get ready!

I dabbed 3 different colors of blue distress paint onto my mat.  Starting with the lightest one I pounced it around using Ranger's sponge applicator.  Then I added the medium blue and then the darker blue.  The colors I used were: salty ocean, broken china, and chipped sapphire.  Once the main colors were there, I filled in and pounced until I was happy with it.


Once dried I stamped the text onto the base with Ranger Archival Ink.  I used the text stamp twice to fill up the base.  As you can see not all of the words came out.  That's ok!  Better actually-it gives it an organic feel.


Next I added a sunshine at the top using mustard seed distress paint.  If you use paint on your stamps-stamp and then quickly go wash it off.  You don't want the paint to dry to the stamp.

Also, on this picture I added grass at the bottom.  I used Twinkling H2Os Emerald and T.H. Stripes stencil.  Then I filled in some green at the bottom.


I added stars in the middle.  But I used a transparent embossing paste with T.H. stars stencil.


Then I saw this stamp sitting on my desk.  I love this delicate little stamp!  I colored it with the distress markers.  And you can see them amongst the "weeds."  


So now it is time to put the elements on.  Yay!  I used glossy accents to adhere the clouds.  I used pop dots to support the balloon and glossy accents where it touched the clouds.


I printed out my picture and glued it into the frame using glossy accents.  I trimmed off the over hang.


These are Alpha Tiles by Tim Holtz.  You can see the delicate flowers in the background.


Here is on last picture.  Remember the stars?


To hang this I hot glued 2 soda tabs to the back.  And this is a fancy yarn from my stash that I knotted a couple of times on each side.


Thank you for stopping by today!  Check us out on Pinterest and Facebook as well!




Supply List:  Unique Wood Designs Pieces, gloss gel medium (or preferred adhesive, gesso, Tim Holtz Distress Paints: picket fence, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, salty ocean, broken china, chipped sapphire, crushed olive, walnut stain, Twinkling H2O's Emerald, Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold, Martha Stewart White Texture, Tim Holtz Stencils: stars, bubble, dot fade, stripes, Ranger sponge applicator, Ranger Black Archival Ink, Rubbernecker Best of Times Stamp, Tim Holtz mini grunge Sunshine stamp, Great Impressions Wild Flowers, Wendy Vecchi Transparent Embossing Paste, Distress Markers peeled paint and barn door, Glossy Accents, pop dots, Tim Holtz Alpha Tiles

2 comments: