Saturday, November 29, 2014

Gingerbread good enough to eat (almost)


At our house, the day after Thanksgiving is reserved for decorating the house for Christmas.  This year, I created something new for the kitchen, and it LOOKS good enough to eat...
but DON'T (unless you want splinters in your teeth)!


Using these adorable gingerbread ornaments from Unique Laser Designs, I made a simple garland with just some ribbon, wooden beads, and twine.






First, I covered the gingerbread men with clear VersaMark ink and then bathed them in embossing powder (Espresso from Adirondack).  When I heated them up with the heat gun, I was mesmerized as they developed this great texture that even turned a little white around the edges.  Once cooled, I added just a bit of Stickles (rock candy) on the edges to give them just a little sparkle.



I strung some painted wooden beads on some twine and then hot glued the gingerbread men on, separating them with some gingham ribbon scraps.

These guys are ready for hanging in the kitchen.  One decoration down, about 512 more to go!

My term on the Unique Laser Design Team is coming to a close, and this is my last post that I get to share with you.  I have truly LOVED these wood shapes and will keep coming back to get more with each new reveal.   The new Design Team has some real treats coming up in these weeks before Christmas...keep watching the blog.  You can still visit me at my blog too...www.kellystarsallthingscrafty.blogspot.com

And, just for you shoppers, here is a DEAL!  35% of the whole ULD store through Monday (enter the code THANKS35 at checkout).  Stuff your stockings!

Wishing you and your family
 a very merry Christmas season!


3 comments: