Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Holly Shaker Ornament

Hey everyone!  Today is my last post for ULD....I only signed on for the fall term, but I've loved every minute of it!  I'm a little sad, but I'm a fan of wooden embellishments, and will definitely be sharing more projects using ULD on my blog and the ULD facebook page!

I've got a great little gift idea, or just something to pretty up your own holiday using this holly ornament:
 
                                                         X-0058 Holly Ornament 3½”x4”

Here is my Holly Shaker Ornament:





I've used a tacky type glue that dries clear, but stays sticky, brushed over the top:



Then I added glitter to the holly leaves and berries. 

Next I traced the ornament on a piece of acetate (I used packaging from craft supplies that I've saved) then cut it out.  I did this twice.  Then I applied a thin line of glue around the edges and adhered the acetate to one side (you can see a slight outline on the left....that is one of the acetate circles):


then, before I glued the other side, I added some glass beads and then glass glitter around the edges.

The final ornament just needs a cord (they come with these!!), and it's ready to give!

Thanks for stoppin' by today!!  Get inspired to get those gifts made!

1 comment: