Thursday, November 20, 2014

O Christmas Tree!

Hello Everybody!

Today is my last post for Unique Laser Designs.  I have had such a wonderful time creating with their wonderful wood embellishments.  I have made projects that would never have been made without these great versatile pieces.  Also, I have learned and been inspired by the ULD Design Team.  They are fantastic and I will continue to keep up with their projects.

So what to make for my last project?  That was tough but I am in the Christmas mood (not worries I haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving.) ;)

So I have these little trees from Tim Holtz.


After a little water and distress ink (mowed grass) the tree is now green.


While it dried, I picked out my "ornaments!"  

                                               Stars (Small and Large)
                                               Butterflies (Small and Large) 
                                               (the heart lg I didn't use)




These little pieces are the insides to other things that I found floating my one of my ULD containers.  I painted them a metallic blue.


Without further ado, here is my Christmas tree!  I used a gold fiber as the garland around the tree.  The instruments are painted gold with Inka Gold.  Both stars were painted yellow but the large one had yellow Stickles put over the paint.  The butterfly I left as but glued it on its side.  The gingerbread man and reindeer have details added to them by a felt tip pen.  I glued one blue ornament on.


Since this is a display tree I didn't go all the way around with ornaments.  I did hot glue the ornaments on.  

This tree measures 6 inches and that's with the star. 


Here's a closeup of the gingerbreadman, star, and instrument. 


Here at the other instruments and Rudolf.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  For more inspiration you can check us out on Facebook and Pinterest! :)







1 comment: