Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mmmmm! Lunch With Max

Well, howdy there new friends!  It's Renee Robbins here from Scrap Owl with today's blog post.  I'm so excited that I get to hang out with the sweet folks over here at uniQue Laser Designs for a couple of months.  They have already been super gracious and all of the projects I have seen have been incredibly inspiring.

I've had a great time working with the various products I received from uniQue Laser Designs.  Once I got started playing with the wood and cork embellishments I just couldn't stop!  For this post, I wanted to share this sweet layout I completed of my beautiful nephew... well, he's beautiful in one photo, but a messy little monster in the other.  Ha!

uniQue Laser Designs | Mmmmm Cork & Splatter Set | Renee Robbins of Scrap Owl


Making A Messy Masterpiece

So, as a proud Aunt, I have to confess that the title of this section is really about my nephew and not the layout, but using the pieces from uniQue Laser Designs certainly helped elevate my page to the next level.  To create it I used the Large Wacky Mmmmm  as the title.  The foundation is cork and I didn't do anything extra to it since it was simply perfect the way it was.  But, when I splattered my Pear Tart irRESISTible texture spray, the title did happen to get a little coating.  All part of the fun, I say!

uniQue Laser Designs | Cork Mmmmm & Wood Splats | Renee Robbins Scrap Owl


However, in addition to the title, I also used wood Splats to dress up the page.  The Splats come in a 6 splat set, but I only needed to use four of them for the optimal effect.  Plus, this way I have two more for another project!!

uniQue Laser Designs | Splats (6pc Set)


To dress up my splats, I heat embossed them using Recollections Pearl Embossing Powder.  The clear shine that the pearl provides to the wood gives it an almost translucent metallic look.  Depending on the way the light hits the Splat, you can see the wood grain or it looks silver.  Certainly a cool effect.

uniQue Laser Designs | Wood Splat | Renee Robbins Scrap Owl

Just a Few More Details

Also on this layout, I used Pink Paislee's Solstice Bora Bora patterned paper for the foundation, Studio Calico's South of Market Lettuce, Turnip the Beet for the circle, Pebbles' Jen Hadfield Homemade 1905 Pine for the banner, and Chickaniddy Crafts' Scrumptious for the stripes and journaling stickers. 

I hope you like the layout!  I look forward to showing you my next uniQue Laser Designs project.  In the meantime, take a gander at the inspiration offered up by the other marvelous ladies on the team.  And, feel free to stop by my site for a visit!   If you're into scrapbooking podcasts, we've just released episode 40!! :)

Stay Scrappy My Friends,



2 comments: