Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Little Love

 Hello Everybody!

Katy here, and I am super excited to show you what I made for today's post!

I used the Love Board and one of the Polaroid Frames for today's vintage inspired wall hanging.  (I have it on my little stand for the best light and then I will show you how to make it into a wall hanging.)
                                                   

First I wanted to show you want the pieces look without anything on them.  Here is the Love Board.  The main square is about 4 inches by 4 inches.


Here are the Poloroid Frames.  You get all 5 for $2.25.  I used the one that was a little over 2 inches.


I used a pink embossing powder over the Love and on the edge of the square.  I glued 3 small rhinestones on the L.  On the right you can see where it is a little darker.  That is vintage photo distress ink.  On the left there is none-just so you can see the difference.


Here is a square piece of music paper scrapbook paper and I use the distress ink on that also.  Then I adhered it to the board.  I used glue n seal but modge podge would work here as well.


I used the courtyard die and Tim Holtz's mirror "paper" to create the 3 diamonds on the left side.  The rest of the decoration are fun buttons, sequins and pearls in my stash.  Not to mention the little key and clock.



 I hot glued a soda can tab to the back of the Love Board.  I angle it so it would go on the wall.  Once the glue dried, I applied more hot glue to the front of the tab for extra assurance.



Here is my board on the wall.  The lighting isn't so good so I had to use the flash.  


I hope that you enjoyed today's project.  Please be sure to come back tomorrow to see what Debbie has created!


2 comments: