Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Brave

Hello fellow Unique Laser Designs fans, it's Kisha here on a super great Friday to share a few of my creations.  As you know, I love using ULD's wood designs on my LO's, Cards, Tags and more.  Well, I also love using the negative pieces as well.  I don't throw out much because I often see the "gold" in everything.

With that said let's get started...

First I want to begin showing you a LO I created using ULD's Brick Wall.



This brick wall  on this LO speaks volumes to me and I love how it turned out.  Adding speech and blank bricks makes it so much more special to me, as this LO is of my son who currently serves in the Navy.


I added a mortar like look by mixing molding paste and Distress Stain ink.  I then applied the "mortar" by patting and rubbing it on within different areas and crevices. Then I added spots of color shine mist on top of the molding paste to add more color/grunge.

Now on to the wonderful scrap pieces I used.


For this tag I created flowers using my scrap pieces. To get a idea of how or what you  will create using your scrap pieces, start off by organizing all like pieces to see exactly what you have.  Then play around with the many designs you can create with them, or use them as individual items.  Those smaller items are great to use on altered canvas and even in journals (more to come on that).


I didn't use any gesso on the flowers because I wanted some of the wood to show through.  I used Distress Paint by dabbing it on each piece then allowing it to dry.  Then I added green Distress Stain mixed with a little water to allow it to run a bit more.  The circle piece you see in the center was also a part of my scrap bag.


And this sweet little heart was also a part of my goodie scrap bag.  This is the sweetest thing to me...Love it!


For my final tag, I used the diamond shapes separately by placing them in the center of each masked diamond.

 For the wooden diamond shapes, I embossed each using Versa Mark ink and green embossing powder. Now you see how great it is to hold to your spare or scrap wooden pieces to use on your creations.


NOTE:  Kenny's Bag 4 is no longer listed as being available.  However, Bag 7 is very similar to bag 4.  Remember, each bag contains is a limited offer and often change as new designs are being created.

Have a wonderful weekend!


Kisha

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are all such beautiful projects. Love that brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Kisha, love the brick wall, it's stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your projects!!!....and I love Kenny's "bags" also....funfunfun!

    ReplyDelete