Saturday, May 24, 2014

Altering ULD Deco Frames




Hello Everyone, 


Today I am going to show you what I have done with these gorgeous frames from the shop.  


Firstly they are simply gorgeous just by themselves but by accident as I was using them for a class I was going to teach, I decided to add some texture paste to them.  So firstly I painted it with Gesso and decided I didn't like that look, so decided to use a mask and texture paste on them.  Once it dried I realised I really didn't like the look of it, so decided to just paint the other frames for my class.


This is what the painted frames came out like, all good and completed the class using white paint over the frame, which looked totally gorgeous with the layout as well.


But then I looked at the other frames which I had put texture paste on and thought it would look really cool if I sprayed painted them using Gold Spray Paint, and look how cool they came out, I am thrilled I left it for a while before i decided what I actually wanted to do with the frames, the texture just looks so cool on the frame.


So there you go, sometimes your mistakes aren't that bad after all, and I am definately going to be doing this again.  Here is the final layout using this gorgeous gold frame which just highlights the sail boats in my 6x4 photo.

I hope you feel inspired to try some texture paste on some of the gorgeous stuff in the shop>>>

TFL and Happy Scrapping


1 comment: