Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mother's Day Wall Hanging

It's the beginning of another month, and we're getting closer and closer to Mother's Day.  So today I have a wonderful little project that is all about Mom.

 I found these mini canvases at the craft store a couple weeks ago for a whopping price of buy one get two free.  Couldn't pass that one up! So I started by simply painting all three canvases with acrylic craft paint.


While I was waiting on the paint to dry, I used my die-cutting machine to cut out three pieces of patterned paper, then inked the edges of all of them with Distress Ink.


Once the paint on the canvases was fully dry, I simply adhered the patterned paper.  Next I added a bit of bakers twine and some letters I've had in my stash for what seems like forever.


Next up, I took my Unique Laser Designs hearts and butterflies and gave them a good coat of Perfect Pearls.


Then I simply layered everything onto the canvases, along with a few flowers.


Then, to attach the canvases to each other, I added several cup hooks.


Lastly, I added a small piece of ribbon so the piece could be hung. What Mom wouldn't appreciate a beautiful handmade item on their special day?




1 comment:

  1. Super cute design fro your wall hanging....AND a GREAT sale find too!! love!

    ReplyDelete