Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mother's Day

Hello guys! Can you believe it's already the month of May? Mother's Day is right around the corner, so now is the best time to get started on creating those cards, layouts, and treats for your mom, grandmother, or ever just for yourself.


I created this lovely card using Unique Laser Designs Fancy Birdcage. This is the prettiest birdcage I've ever used, and the size is just perfect for a large card or a LO.


To add texture, I used gesso and my pallet knife and pounced the gesso in several spots. While the gesso was still wet, I sprinkled course glitter on for a little shimmer and texture.


Now because I let almost nothing go to waste, allow me to show you what I created using the negative from this bird cage.


First, before I start telling you about my LO, a picture will be added after it has been taken on Mother's day.  Plus this is the best way for you to see more of the wooden negative. 


I used the birdcage negative as a center to begin.  I embellished around it using scrap pieces of patterned paper, lace and flowers, building up as I go.


I only added a bit of gesso, embossing powder and ink to the piece to bring out the look of it.


The picture will also have a layered backing and will only cover a bit of the inside of the birdcage.

ULD Products Used:

Other Products:
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Pattern Papers
Gesso
Stencil
HS Spray Mist
Thread
Sequin
I Am Roses Flowers

Thank you for taking a peek!  Have a wonderful Weekend.

Kisha


2 comments:

  1. As always, ALWAYS, Kisha...simply BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAuTiful....love your designs...pieces of art

    ReplyDelete