Friday, May 9, 2014

Laundry basket tags with ATC blanks

Hello Unique Laser Designs fans. I am very excited about the next project I am going to share with you. I came from the pure necessity. As a mom to two teenage girls and one little boy I am overwhelmed by the laundry. I decided that at the age 15 and 12 my girls are old enough to take care of their own laundry. Better late than never, right? I bought each of them a cheap laundry basket, and was looking for an idea to make cute tags.

Unique Laser Designs ATC blanks to the rescue! They are unfinished 2.5"x3.5" MDF blanks, perfect for your ATC or ... laundry tags. They come in sets of 4, I used 3 tags - two for my girls and one for my little guy.

First I made a hole on the top of the tags with crop-a-dile. After that I painted the tags from both sides with 2 coats of gesso. After everything was dry I decorated them with vinyl that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo.  The clothesline design is from the Silhouette online store. I modified it a little and used two different versions for the girls and for the boy. I sealed the tags with a thing layer of mod podge and added jute twine for hanging.

 Here are my three tags from both sides.



Ready to be put to good use!

Now I will just hope that my kids will be as excited as I am :)



1 comment:

  1. Maya!!....what a super cool idea...and great organizing tool!....lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete